Monday, March 12, 2012

An Ode to "part of shoe"

Part of an old and torn basketball shoe...a
It was left helplessly at the corner...b
No one is going sing you the blue...a
no one cares about you, not even the mourners...b
When I looked at you, I imagined you talking to me...e
I used to travel with you, but now you make me feel lonely...c
but now you forgot the wonderful memories we once shared...d
but I used to be you favorite - the one and only...c
but you no longer love me after you can’t get me repaired ...d (not the real reason)
 We gave you victories, We go through every practice with you...f
We used to be your towers of strength,  We, as a whole, never had the chance to bid you adieu...f
At the very end, it said to me softly, “you no longer treat us as your trustee.”...e
In reality, the shoes were torn, the sole was gone, and the shoe laces had fallen apart...g
A blended blue and red aglet was all it remained...h
Simply, by looking at you, all the flashbacks start...g
However, some part of the memories restrained...h
I still couldn’t remember why I discarded you and part...g
I probably saw a pair of shinier shoes, then your value I see no-more...i
I secure my feet by simply pulling on you, now, I feel the liveliness in my palm once-more...i
I hope you could accept my sincere apologies, but, at the end, you will be left on the floor...i

1 comment: